Monday, January 18, 2010

Favourite biscuits

It must be an age thing – like crisps.

You don’t have a favourite biscuit? What planet are you from? Call yourself fit to run the country?

They were at it again interviewing Nick Clegg on Radio 5. Naturally he had an answer he had prepared earlier.

I have a definitely unfavourite biscuit, one which will always stay in the tin of Family Selection, because that is the only way one would ever make its way into the Hedgehog homestead.

I suppose I would eat it if we had been snowed in for a fortnight & there was nothing else left, or offered one as the sole choice in someone else’s house. But otherwise – euugh!

Chocolate Bourbon.

I don’t know why, I just hated the first I ever tried, far too sickly sweet & yucky, over 60 years ago, & have mostly managed to avoid the torture ever since.

Otherwise, I love biscuits. Bring them all on.

Having a favourite biscuit is like having a favourite among your own children & my vote will go to the first politician to give that answer to the question.