Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bullydom

Q1 Do you feel picked on?

Q2 Do you feel anxious & demotivated?

Q3 Are you being overloaded or set impossible deadlines?

Q4 Are you being criticised constantly?

Q5 Is someone spreading rumours about you?

Q6 Do you find the level of supervision you receive overbearing?

Q7 Do you experience offensive materials?

Q8 Is someone copying your e-mails?

If you can answer Yes to any of the above, you are being bullied, according to Acas, the employment advice service largely funded by Lord Mandelson’s Department for Business Innovation & Skills.


Well, let’s see:

They are always picking on me & I am very anxious about what I should do about it when I get my chance in a few weeks time.

I cannot always work out if I am giving the right amount of the right sort of fat, sugar & salt to my family in every meal every day.

Nothing I do is right. And if I want to go back to part time teaching at the medical school I shall have to get a certificate to prove I am not a paedophile.

I am trying to keep Inland Revenue abreast of the changes which affect our entitlement to child credit & pay them back the money they say they have overpaid.

I keep getting letters from the doctor telling me to go for checks to make sure that I do not have cancer in my breasts, or in my cervix (which I do not have), that I am not overweight & that I do not have any bad habits such as smoking.

The bus stops have been plastered with offensive pictures of diseased internal organs.

They keep copies of all our e-mails you know, in case we are terrorists.


Does this mean that the government is a bully?