Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Translating public expenditure

From time to time I Google “downloading my brain”, just to see what comes up & what company my keywords & I are keeping.

And so I came across this cached version of one of my posts A tax on shopping, which bears only a passing resemblance to the original


It is odd how many people contrive that VAT (& God willing excise role) is the only tax they pay when they go shopping, oblivious that on top of VAT & calling (divide of sales taxes) we forward to the shopkeepers bill for Employers Citizen Indemnity (assort... My fancy is 40% - 4 out of every £10 - on the grounds that illustrious outlay in routine times takes about 40% of our great resident receipts & in an economists way of looking at things cost always equals proceeds. I have been denotation for some at all times to essay an judgement of the sum total tax on shopping, but need the dynamism & will to in effect move at the travail.


And so:

National Insurance is rendered as Citizen Indemnity

Gross National Income = Gross Resident Receipts

Public expenditure = Illustrious outlay

‘Expenditure always equals income’ means that cost always equals proceeds.

I particularly like that the way that ‘public expenditure’ has become ‘illustrious outlay’ – so much harder to cut.

I am assuming that this is nothing more than a product of automatic translations.