Tuesday, April 22, 2008

National Doris Day

I used to listen to Eddie Mair on Radio5 – can it really be 10 or more years ago now? Sadly I do not usually get to hear him these days on Radio4 since I am usually out when he is on air

I wonder if he would be pleased or not to know that my most treasured memory is of an interview with Doris Day

He had expressed his opinion of the plethora of National * Days which we get these days. Could anybody have one? He asked listeners for suitable nominations

The winner was - a National Doris Day

The star agreed to an interview

What a trouper. She played the gracious lady to the hilt - Thank you so much. This is a real honour. Talking to the BBC!

It was impossible to tell which one had their tongue furthest into their cheek

Or was it, in those bad old days, all just a hoax?

Related post: Radio Bloke