Monday, April 28, 2008

Germ warning

If you act like someone out of a scenes of crime unit & spray Luminol around an apparently spick & span hospital, you will illuminate traces of blood on telephones, computer keyboards, cupboard handles ...

That reminded me of something you never see these days - the telephone cleaning company

In the 1960s these people used to come round to disinfect the office phones. There would tend to be only one or two handsets in each office, shared between staff, & were thought to be potent sources of germs with their deep shields round the mouthpiece

I always feel uneasy about using shared headphones

But why do I always feel vaguely insulted when my GP, who is scrupulous about such matters, washes his hands after touching even just, say, my neck? I ought to cheer