Friday, May 08, 2009

Reign in Glossop

One of my earliest childhood memories is of grown ups looking out of the window & reporting: It’s raining in Glossop

Up there in the north, up there in the hills. Not here

The phrase seems remarkably common

This weekend though Glossop will be at Wembley

Through to a football final

I know about this only through listening to local radio, which I started to do relatively recently when I finally gave up on trying to get reliable local weather forecasts off the BBC

To my shame I had thought that local radio would not be worth my time – hospital radio (of which I have had dire experience)

Not this one though. It has lively coverage of local affairs – from school inspections to mountain rescue, festivals to where to eat out

And a very engaging young man, Ben Price, who does the football. Adrian Chiles, watch out

Oh – and hourly, reliable information about what I should wear today




Links

Related post