Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Winners & losers

George Soros was quoted recently as saying “Everybody who realised that this was unsustainable expected it to collapse much sooner

Ken Livingstone has said that he forecast it as long ago as 1983

I forecast it in 1986, when I first heard somebody boast that they had been offered a mortgage of 4 times joint salary, so would not suffer the humiliation of being gazumped again. A stockbroker acquaintance remarked that “There are going to be a lot of 6-figure mortgages looking for jobs

I made my dispositions accordingly

The crash came a bit later than I expected

I could not believe it when the whole process started up again

George Soros made his billions. Ken Livingstone won & then lost the mayoralty of London. I missed my chance to profit from 20 years of boom, but at least have not much to lose

So who are the winners