Saturday, October 11, 2008

Who not to vote for

Politics seem to be getting more like the 70s – an economic nightmare, not knowing who to vote for. Perhaps ending up voting for ‘anyone but …’

I only half heard on the news the clip from the end of the Brown/Cameron exchange in PMQs and was a bit surprised to find later that Brown was considered, by those who witnessed it, to have floored Cameron – it had sounded more like petty point scoring to me

I think it unlikely that Brown will gain an election victory by the way he handles this crisis. Either way. For obvious reasons if he fails. But if he is considered to be the one who sorted it out, people will be inclined to say: So he should have done. Who was in charge while we got into this mess?

And if it is really the case that ministers earlier this year responded at best equivocally to questions in both the Commons & the Lords expressing concern about Icelandic banks, then there really will not be much respect, to put it mildly

Having said all that, Cameron has not played it very well so far

And since I am not very impressed by any of the 3 locally declared candidates, at present it looks like I shall have a hard job deciding how to vote when the time comes. But vote I must, I think – it will not be a time for voting none of the above