Saturday, November 26, 2011

Housing statistics surprise

I got a very pleasant surprise when I went to the web site of the Communities & Local Government Department: nice clean home page uncluttered with ministerial mugshots & boastings; clear simple links - three short steps brought me to the Housing Statistics page with more straightforward links (no mention of ‘products’) & - I need to sit down or I might faint – a downloadable Index of Data. It was nothing like so helpful last time I went there, probably a good couple of years ago.


I have not been able to bring myself to visit the new ONS website since about two weeks after its trumpeted re-launch back in August. I found the same old problem of going round in circles, with, just to add insult to the injury, messages to say that existing links had been broken.