Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cultural gods

I was having a look at the Isaacson biography of Steve Jobs in the supermarket on Friday evening. Just idle curiosity, passing the time until bus time. I can’t imagine, honestly, that I shall want to read the whole thing; Isaacson’s 700 or so pages on Einstein were a bit too-much-information for my taste, & I doubt Jobs is worth that many hours of my life.

I did learn one interesting thing however – Steve Jobs could not write computer programs.

But then neither can most people in this world, so I guess that was the secret of his appeal to all those who cannot imagine why anyone who is really artistic should want to do something so boringly uncreative, who believe that real inspiration lies with those who know how to use these hidden hieroglyphs & turn them into art.

Links
Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography

Einstein: His Life and Universe


Related posts
Is there an app for computer language?

Creativity