Thursday, September 15, 2011

Access all areas

I note that The Times is trying to woo more paying customers on-line by offering a choice of packages – none of which tempts me.

Also interesting to note that the gossip is that Lisa Armstrong (whose writing I admire, & usually make a point of reading, even though I’m not all that interested in fashion) & Luke Leitch have, together, moved to the Telegraph in order to have a larger & wider free-to-access on line presence.

If there is no immediate prospect of a workable way for users to pay tiny amounts for access as & when, perhaps the answer to the problem of getting some recompense for the expense of running a well-edited & reliable on-line media presence will be something lie a Performing Rights Society, with whom I as a user could have a credit account.