Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Freudian Symbols

When I first saw the picture of William & Catherine driving down The Mall in their open topped car I thought : Isn’t that how The Graduate ends?

But a quick check of YouTube says No, though I can see why I thought this about a film I haven't seen since 1967.

Then Monday’s Times revealed, with a picture to prove it, that the idea came from another wedding, celebrated just a year ago, between Emilia d’Erlanger & David Jardine-Paterson. A wedding which our new Duke & Duchess attended as guests.

But oh dear! The picture also reveals that the bride on that occasion wore heart shaped sunglasses.

That must be a reference to another film - the original Lolita.

Enough already!

Another thought – did William have to abstain from champagne, at his own wedding reception, because of his role as designated driver?

Best joke about the wedding: Once you have seen one royal wedding you have seen The Mall