Friday, December 26, 2008

Motion pictures



Well Father Christmas has been & gone without bringing me some presents I should really like to have

Not surprising really, since I did not ask for them

I am not usually an early(ish) adopter of new technology – in fact many things have been & gone without ever crossing the threshold of the hedgehog homestead

For one thing I like the price to come down. Imagine paying 700 in 1970s pounds for a video recorder or £3000 for a do not-very-much huge great dust trap of an early 1990s home computer

I should however very much like to have one of these Canon cameras so I could play at being Edward Muybridge

And something called a ZPen which promises to save in electronic form anything I write, no matter what I write it on

Then there is a hand-held satnav thingy for use while travelling on foot, complete with Ordnance Survey maps

And a dongle

I should also like a new laptop & a super fast personal broadband connection out in the boondocks
Most of all, a wi-fi bedside radio, with which I could recreate the world I found when my father built me a MW/LW/SW radio when I was 10

But not before I get my own personal IT manager constantly on call to manage contracts, security & sort out all glitches & conniptions – NOW, THIS MINUTE, INSTANTLY.