Wednesday, July 02, 2008

More birthday parties

My mouth fell open at the opening of Ann Treneman’s piece about David Cameron’s NHS 60th Birthday Party with 3 finalists from Britain’s Got Talent

But as I read further I decided that this was something nicely judged & well worth doing

The clue came buried in the middle of the piece: He spoke of his own experience at St Thomas’ with his son

I still have to make up my mind about the new Cameron Conservatives. There is undoubtedly some impressive thinking coming from the party & a determination to move away from being the nasty party. A new humility

But it is the Bullingdon Club history which gives me pause. That kind of thing is not just youthful high jinks; it betrays a really nasty contempt for the lower orders who have to put up with your behaviour

And clear up after you