Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I saw a contrail

Another almost cloudless blue sky today – there were just a few fat baby ones lurking over the high hills.

A couple got on the bus with their suitcases en route to the airport – they said they had their fingers crossed, not sure if they had been told their flight would be going or not.

But I saw my first con trail – descending towards Manchester – while I was waiting at the bus stop in the village, so I daresay the drivers will be carrying a few passengers with travellers tale to tell over the next few days.

Paul Simons commented on the link between the lack of cloud & the lack of contrails in his column yesterday, & he also pointed me towards the Climate survey trial - aircraft contrails OPAL for which I am grateful.

Related post
Clear blue sky