Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The goodly gift

A fellow would be less than human not to pray that the reconciliation [between America & the rest of the world] will last against the odds - Aravind Adiga, Booker Prize winner 2008

I wonder how he will break our hearts? - Matthew Parris, Times columnist

I listen to this guy & it could be Tony. He is doing the same thing that we did in 1997 - former Blairite minister


In your dreams!

Of course any sensible person will worry about what may happen once the wave of euphoria is past

But there is far more to Obama than there was to the vacuous T Blair

This is not a good analogy, & I am almost ashamed to use it, but I cannot think of a better one for now: Aw Shucks!Blair was like a Black Hole which just sucked in all those hopes & aspirations

Obama seems to have the skill to reflect them back. Yes We Can – Yes You Can

Please let me be right that this is not just the malign power of the demagogue