Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mobility aid

I was able to get out & about much more than I expected during the recent contretemps after I realised that it is very easy to move around in Stockport by bus: down to the end of the shopping centre for Borders, Asda or Sainsburys, up the hill to the library

I may probably never have thought of this if it were not for the bus pass. This is not just miserliness on my part. As a long term user of buses even when I had to pay I know that any short journey in town is almost always quicker on foot, & anyway I like walking. Stockport is just the right size of town for walking around, in normal circumstances

I felt a (very slight) twinge of guilt that some of this comfort was financed by the good council tax payers of Stockport. But then I remember that my council tax helps finance their days out in the country