Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Consumer boom

Another one to the point from Simon Rae


TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I’ve got a credit card or two
I don’t want any more;
And yet the application forms
Keep crashing through my door.

“Everyone could use more cash;
Why not take out a loan?
Our rates are very reasonable.
Come on, just lift the phone”

I’m tempted to, I really am,
Because I then could pay
A dozen nagging charities
And make them go away

My name is entered in the draw
- The biggest prize to date;
Yet I don’t want the book, the car,
Commemorative plate,

The holiday for two abroad
The time-share pad in Spain,
Encyclopedias, CDs:
I’d like to make that plain.

No, what Id really like to get,
Before going round the bend,
Is something far more valuable:
A letter from a friend


Related post: They used to do WHAT?