Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Things you didn't know you need


Primark have ‘Touch Screen Gloves’ for sale. The ones I noticed were the knitted,  cheap (but surprisingly good quality) kind in either black or dark grey.

The greyish-white tips of thumb & index finger mark them out as different from the ordinary workaday kind, which surprises me because I had assumed that touch screens must be sensitive only to direct human warmth.

I shall have to find time to sit down with a wet towel round my head & an appropriate dictionary to read the explanation of touch screen mechanism given here before I can decide whether it is worth investing in a pair

On second thoughts, that would be to put far too low a price on the value of my time: the quickest & most efficient way to find out would be just to buy a pair, wear them & see.

It pleases me be reminded yet again of the way that human ingenuity & organisation work to meet such novel needs.


Related post
A touch sensitive